We may have been playing on it for a whole season now, but it’s never too late to celebrate our lovely new pitch! Together with Brookes, we’re having an official opening event on Friday 3rd May. All are welcome.
Breton Crepe Company, who run the cafe in the sports centre, will be manning a bbq all evening. Then, there will also be a feast of hockey, from our own first teams who’ll be taking on their Brookes counterparts (leading to conflicted loyalties for some of our students, surely?!). And, much like the Olympics (probably), we’ll be kicking off the evening with a parachute jump landing…
The evening’s timings:
- 18.00 – parachute jump, landing on Cheney School field
- 18.15 – Sally Walton (GB) to officially open the pitch
- Warm up period for ladies
- 18.20 approx – start for ladies game: Oxford Ladies’ 1s v. Brookes Ladies’ 1s (full game)
- 20.00 – Oxford Men’s 1s v. Brookes Men’s 1s (full game), hopefully with one half played by Oxford’s Under 18s team, representing the junior section (and as an ideal preparation for their appearance in the Mercian Finals on 5th May!).