Parking is permitted at any Oxford Brookes car park outside of peak hours (16:31-06:59 Monday to Friday, all day at Weekends and Public/Bank holidays). The charges are summarised below:
- Sports members wishing to park at Oxford Brookes will be required to purchase a parking permit (£10 annually). Parking will then be free outside of peak hours.
- Occasional sports users (those without sports membership) may park at any site during non-peak hours. The first two hours’ parking is free, with stays of longer than two hours attracting a charge.
- All Users will need to input their vehicle registration into the parking machines upon arrival (even if parking within the free two-hour window) to avoid a fine.
It’s worth all OHC members who park at Brookes becoming sports members (free) and then buying an annual £10 parking permit to avoid the off peak charges. Please note: any Oxford Brookes student or staff who also has a sports membership is not permitted to apply for a Brookes Sport and Leisure permit.
The process to apply is complicated and requires a manual response from Brookes, so do not leave it to the last minute!
- Become a sports member of Brookes (if not already) and get a membership number. Apply here, select site “Headington” and then fill in your details. You will be sent a “PIN” to act as your password via email. Sign up as a “Pay As You Go” member. If you are a sports member who can’t remember their log in details contact the Centre for Sport reception on 01865 484373 or email@example.com.
- Separately sign up to the Brookes University parking permits site here. This requires the creation of a new account and password.
- Apply for the permit. You will be sent a confirmation email from the parking permits site (note – this might end up in your junk mail!) with a link to confirm your registration. This will take you to the page to apply for the permit – select the “Sport and Leisure” permit. It is at this point that you will need the Brookes Sport Membership number you were given at stage 1. Ensure you quote your membership of Oxford Hockey Club in the application as they refer all applications to the club. We check the application against the membership database. At this stage you have made an application for a permit.
- The final stage requires you to pay for the permit – you will receive an email in due course with details on completing this final stage should your application for a permit be successful (which it should!). The permit you are given will run for a year and is a virtual permit – there is no printed permit to display.
All queries should be directed to the Brookes Transport Services Team, firstname.lastname@example.org and 01865 484647