Directions: From the Green Road Roundabout (London A40), take exit for Headington/City Centre. Follow road for 1 mile – passing through Headington shopping centre and then passing Shell petrol station on right. At next set of traffic lights (White Horse pub to your right) take a right turn in to Headley Way. Headington School is almost immediately on your left. Turn left into entrance in middle of wall. Follow road round to the left around the front of the school – park where convenient near pitch. The entrance to the pitch is at far end from where cars are parked.
CONDITIONS OF USE: the pitch is located within a girls’ boarding school – and all users must follow the following conditions – failure to do so may mean the player is removed from the site and is unable to play:
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere on the school site.
- No swearing, or bad language of any kind.
- Toilets (which unfortunately are 200 yards from the pitch) must be used. The pass code is C 1739 Y. The wooden hut next to the pitch can be used for changing.
- No food should be brought onto the ‘turfed area, especially chewing gum
- No dogs are permitted anywhere on the school site.
- Warm-ups must not be carried out on the grass adjacent to the pitch. Please use hard surfaces within view of the pitch, such as the paths and car parks. The tennis courts may also be used for warm-ups if not otherwise in use.
- Please tidy up after all matches, ensuring that rubbish is thrown into bins provided.
- Please wipe feet at the gate on entry to the pitch.
- Do not sit in the goals.
- Do not hit balls directly at, or attempt to climb, the fences
- Please ensure the gate is closed and that floodlights have been lowered before leaving.
All players are reminded that the pitch is located within the grounds of a Girls’ Boarding School with appropriate standards of behaviour required. All captains, home and visiting, are asked to monitor their players adherence to this.
Do note the pitch will not be open until 15 mins before the first hire time commences – use the time beforehand to warm up off pitch (see 6 above)
ADDITIONAL FACILITIES: there is a wooden hut next to the pitch which can be used for changing (note: no showers) or for shelter in the case of bad weather. There are drinking water taps located on the side of the hut and also near to the adjacent swimming pool which are clearly marked as such and available for use.
Address: Headley Way, Oxford, OX3 7TD (map)
Telephone: Team Captains
Surface: Sand-based astro
Changing: Limited. Changing can be done in the wooden hut next to pitch, but there are no showers. The preference is to use Oxford Brookes (see below).
Parking: Yes for matches at Headington School ONLY
Refreshments bar: No (Match teas are 5 minutes walk / extremely short drive away at Oxford Brookes where there is a bar/cafe, bike rack and changing facilities)
Disabled access: Yes
Contact numbers in case of emergency:
Duty person: 07831 588315 (5pm – 8am Monday to Friday and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday)
Security: 07500 696589 (4pm – midnight Mon – Fri / 5.30pm – midnight Sat & Sun)
Bursary: 01865 759120 (8am – 5pm Monday to Friday)
There are 2 defibrillators on site. The nearest for the All Weather Pitch is on the Art building. The Art building is situated at the opposite end to the Pitch entrance near the main car park. To access the defibrillator the code is: 124.