This policy is effective from 1st August 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address and mobile number.
• Demographic information such as postcode,
• Emergency contact details.
• Any relevant medical information. •
Any relevant skills to running a hockey club such as coaching, umpiring or data processing.
• Date of birth – but only if you are under 18.
• Ethnic origins.
• Captains may occasionally collect names of those people who declare themselves to be over 35 and want to play vets hockey.
We do not ask for postal addresses or dates of birth if you are over 18 – although we may record postal addresses if you volunteer this information for a club activity.
We do not record dates of birth for over 18s in any circumstances.
What we do with the information we gather
• Name and contact details – to send club emails and to enable captains to notify you of games etc
• Emergency contact details and medical information – in case of incidents whilst participating in club activities
• Postcode – to assess in aggregate across membership base where best to locate club activities. We will not use any individual’s post code data outside the club. We may use the aggregate data for potential sponsors to demonstrate the approximate location of a group of players – but no players names will be linked to this data.
• Relevant skills in order to seek further volunteers to improve running of club.
• Date of birth for U18s – to ensure we comply with child protection policies
• Ethnic origins – only to complete return for England Hockey
• We also will supply to the relevant leagues and Fixtures Live such personal data that they require in order that you may participate in league activities. Data supplied to them is then subject to those bodies’ privacy/data protection policy
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All data is held offline. We do not supply any personal data to third parties for any reason (including direct marketing) and we will not use your data supplied to the club for anything but club activities, with the exception of that required by relevant leagues and Fixtures Live in order that you may participate in games in that league. You may ask the club to delete your data at any time – but it would be then very tricky to ask you to play any games!
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Leaving the club
We hope you have a long and happy stay at the club – but if you did ever decide you wanted to leave please ask us to delete all your data permanently.