PRIVACY NOTICE FOR MEMBERS
We at Oxford Hockey Club want to make sure all the personal details we hold about you are safe and secure, so we have put together this note to tell all of our members, whether you are a player/participant or simply a fan of the sport, how we make sure we just do that and what to do in case you have any questions for us or want to see what information we have. We are, what is known as, a data controller. This means we have control over how your details are used and who we pass them to.
We don’t need to have Data Protection Officer, but we have decided to put together a team of people instead to make sure your details are safe. They can be contacted at membership@Oxfordhockeyclub.org in case you have any questions.
1. WHAT TYPE OF DETAILS DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We might collect the following personal details about you before, during or after your time as a member, such as:
- details of how we can contact you, such as your name, email address, where you live and phone number;
- your birthday;
- your gender;
- membership details including when you signed up to be a member and any date you decide to leave us;
- all records of when you contacted us, or we contacted you on the phone or by email or when you asked us to do something;
- any bank details belonging to you or your parent or guardian so that we can receive payments from you and details of any payments that are made;
- how you use our website and things that may identify you to us online;
- any images we capture on CCTV cameras and other information showing us your movements through our buildings;
- records that tell us when you were at our events or competitions;
- videos and photos of you;
- your hobbies, occupation likes and dislikes so that we know what type of marketing we can send you;
- your passport or other ID cards;
- records of whether you play at a county/national level;
- details of family members, coaches and other people we might need to contact in case of an emergency;
- records of your rankings, gradings or ratings, including any competition results, what matches you have attended and how well you are performing on any development programme you are registered to; and
- any disciplinary information or details of any issues you have us or we have with you.
2. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also hold and use what is called “special information” such as your ethnicity and any information about your health such as any injuries you have/have had or times you may not have been very well. It will only be used when we have a good reason to do so such as:
- if it is in the interests of the public and we have a lawful reason to use it;
- it is in the interests of the member to ensure the individual’s safety;
- we need it to help us with a legal case we are involved in;
- certain laws allow us to use it; or
- you have told us you are happy for us to use it.
In the table below, we refer to these as the “special reasons”.
3. WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
We will normally collect personal information about you when you create an account on our site at oxfordhc.org to become a member of Oxford Hockey Club, or to buy anything from us online, or when you want to talk to us on the phone, by e-mail or in some other way.
4. HOW CAN YOU STOP US FROM MARKETING TO YOU?
Sometimes we may wish to contact you by email, post or text message to tell you about things we think you might like. We will only do this if you have told us you are happy to receive these messages and you can tell us to stop at any time by visiting https://secure.pitchero.com/account/settings/details
5. WHO ELSE MAY USE YOUR DETAILS?
We may send your details to others to help us run our organisation. These are:
- Anyone you have said you are happy for us to send your details to.
- To any regional or governing body: to help us to improve and keep an eye on developments in the sport.
- Organisations that provide services to us: such as marketing specialists, the people who carry out research for us, computer services and the teams that help to run and maintain our security cameras;
- Organisations that help us; such as help us with our supplies such as couriers, or companies that help us to deliver things to and from other parts of the country or overseas;
- Our Commercial Partners: so that we provide you with details on any tickets, special offers, opportunities, products and services and other benefits you get from our commercial partners;
- The Government or our regulators: where the law tells us to do so or to help them with any investigations.
- Police, law enforcement and security services: to help them with any investigation, prevention of crime or matter of national security.
6. ARE YOUR DETAILS SAFE?
We have put in place lots of security measures to make sure your details don’t go missing or get used in a way they shouldn’t be. We have a great team of people working with us who are trained to know how to use your details securely and will only use your details when and how we tell them to.
We do not share information outside of the UK and European Union.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We collect personal details from you for different reasons and so we might keep it for different lengths of time. For example, we might have to keep it for a long time for legal reasons, but most of the time, we will keep your details for 3 years after you last get in touch with us.
It is important to make sure that the details we hold about you are accurate and up-to-date, so make sure you let us know if anything like your email address or phone number changes. You can normally do this through our membership portal or by contacting us at admin@Oxfordhc.org. You can remove yourself from the club at https://secure.pitchero.com/account/settings/privacy.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Did you know you can ask us to do lots of things with your details?
You can ask us:
- to tell you how your details are being used;
- to provide you with a copy of all details we hold on you;
- to correct some of the details we hold if they are not correct or out of date like your contact details for example;
- to delete all the details we hold on you (unless we have a good reason not to!);
- to stop using your details in a certain way;
- to send your details to you or another organisation like any club you play at for example; and
- to stop making decisions about you using automated technologies which analyse your personal details e.g. performance software
Some of the rights may not always apply to the personal details we hold for you as there are sometimes requirements and exemptions attached which means we need to hold on to certain information and other times the rights may not apply at all.
DON’T FORGET though, if you have told us we can use your information in a certain way and you would like us to stop, you can tell us to stop at any time and you can always tell us to stop sending you marketing messages. More information about these rights can be found online here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/. If you have any questions or are unhappy about something, please contact us at admin@Oxfordhockeyclub.org.
9. WHAT HAPPENS IF WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS NOTICE?
Keep an eye out for changes to this notice online. If we make big changes the version date at the bottom of the notice will be updated. Where we are required to do so by law, we will ask for your permission before we change the reason for using your details.
10. HOW CAN YOU GET IN TOUCH?
If you have a question or a complaint, please email admin@Oxfordhockeyclub.org
Version dated 8th February 2022